Magnetic and thermo-magnetic (magneto-caloric) oscillations are studied in quantizing magnetic fields in slabs under conditions of the existence of non-spin (Condon) domains. Size effects on the magnetization oscillations in thin samples are calculated in the domain phase. Computations are carried out in the center of the period of the magnetization and temperature oscillations, taking into account the sample size. Phase diagrams, describing diamagnetic phase transitions and formation of Condon domains, are presented in finite size silver and quasi-two-dimensional organic conductors (2D) samples.
Bibliographical notePublisher Copyright:
© 2016 Elsevier B.V.
- Condon domains
- De Haas-van Alphen oscillations
- Diamagnetic phase transitions
- Electron gas in quantizing magnetic fields
- Size effects
- Thermo-magnetic oscillations
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering