The aim of the present study was to assess the meaning of grandparenthood in grandparent-parent-grandchild triads, and to examine its congruence between generations. Three types of relations were found: (1) the congruent-strongly connected relationship, characterized by a reciprocal and nurturing relation; (2) the congruentnon-connected relationship, characterized by an agreement among all members regarding the problematic and dissociated relations; (3) the non-congruent relationship, characterized by a lack of agreement regarding the nature of the relation.
- Intergenerational stake hypothesis
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Social Psychology
- Sociology and Political Science
- Social Sciences (miscellaneous)
- Geriatrics and Gerontology
- Life-span and Life-course Studies