Get up-to-date information and research on elder abuse—from international authorities!
Elder Abuse: Selected Papers from the Prague World Congress on Family Violence is an invaluable collection of the most important presentation papers from the Prague World Congress on Family Violence. This comprehensive book presents the latest research and detailed information on the difficult issues surrounding elder abuse around the world. International experts use a multidisciplinary approach to provide ideas and insights to help provide researchers, educators, and practitioners with practical strategies for dealing with the numerous facets of this disturbing issue.
Different types of abuse are explored in detail, including physical, financial, and emotional. This comprehensive source is richly referenced, with helpful tables to clearly explain data valuable to all law and health professionals involved in the issues of elder abuse.
Elder Abuse: Selected Papers from the Prague World Congress on Family Violence discusses:
• grandparents raising grandchildren
• the elder abuse of custodial grandparents
• combating financial abuse of elders by others
• a study of elder abuse within diverse cultures
• forensic medical examination form for improved documentation and prosecution of elder abuse
• elder abuse in faith communities
• older women, domestic violence, and elder abuse
• elder abuse risk indicators
• elder abuse multidisciplinary teams
Elder Abuse: Selected Papers from the Prague World Congress on Family Violence is essential reading for researchers, educators, practitioners, and policymakers in the fields of aging, health, mental health, social services, adult protective services, domestic violence, law, and criminal justice.
Bibliographical notePublisher Copyright:
© 2004 by The Haworth Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Social Sciences (all)
- Psychology (all)