We consider a two machine 3 step re-entrant line, with an infinite supply of work. The service discipline is last buffer first served. Processing times are independent exponentially distributed. We analyze this system, obtaining steady state behavior and sample path properties.
Bibliographical noteFunding Information:
G. Weiss: Research supported in part by Israel Science Foundation Grant 249/02.
I. Adan and G. Weiss: Research supported in part by Network of Excellence Euro-NGI.
- GI/M/1 queue
- Infinite virtual buffers
- Last buffer first served discipline
- Markovian multiclass queueing networks
- Priority scheduling
- Sample path properties
- Steady state distributions
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Statistics and Probability
- Computer Science Applications
- Management Science and Operations Research
- Computational Theory and Mathematics